MinuteMapr Cost Calculator
What is Journey Cost Calculator?
The cost of travelling varies drastically from location to location, and for people moving from A to B frequently, cost is a key factor in the location-based decision-making process. Journey Cost Calculator simplifies that investigatory process by providing weekly, monthly and yearly season pass information, so users can be quickly and easily aided in deciding which location suits them best.
What it does
There are two key ways your customers can receive the calculated cost of a journey.
- If they don’t have a specific location in mind – for example, selecting a new supplier – MinuteMapr allows users to choose a maximum travel duration and preferred method of transport. We’ll return results for all relevant locations within that timeframe, as well as providing the weekly, monthly or yearly fare costs.
- If the user does have a specific destination in mind and knows exactly where they’re travelling to and from, we can provide simple A to B routing, as well as including the aforementioned weekly, monthly and yearly travel costs alongside.
How it works
Results are based on the cheapest fare available for the fastest method of public transport. Fare prices are based on the standard for adults. We can only calculate the weekly, monthly or yearly travel costs on reasonable commutes – but as an example, we aren’t able to calculate these costs for journeys over particularly long distances such as London to Edinburgh.
What’s coming up
Journey Cost Calculator currently covers all National Rail services nationwide, as well as all TFL networks within London. We’re always working on expanding; so expect to see localised services across the country soon.
Take a look at just a few of the extra features we’ll be implementing in the near future:
- Weekly, monthly and yearly bus fares across the UK, not just London
- Driving data, including parking costs
- Searching by cost, to instantly find locations with the lowest priced commutes